I’m considered “alumni” … having spoken at Social Media Camp 2010 as well, where my topic was “Small Towns, Big Ideas” and how Social Media can level the playing field for everyone in business, especially for those in small towns and for those who live rural.
For 2011 I’ve got a Super FUN topic! “I’ve Got an iPhone, Now What? Photography apps and Sharing Images via Social Media”
Here’s the “official” blurb:
My Session Title: I’ve got an iPhone, now what? Photography Apps and Social Media for Sharing Images.
Session Extract😕 SHOW. Like. Trust. Images sell.
Almost everything online is sold and marketed using text content and/or images. iPhone and cell phone photography is growing at a rapid pace, not only as an artistic tool for creative expression, but as a viable tool to be used for business and marketing online via Social Media and image sharing. Brenda’s tool of choice is the iPhone 3G. Yes, the iPhone 3G. She has chosen to challenge herself by not upgrading to the new and shiny, bigger and faster is better, but to create stunning images using the 1st generation iPhone camera. There is no shutter speed or aperture, and Brenda knows that the most FUN and creativity come from living in the unknown and letting go of control.
- Learn tips and tricks on how you can improve your iPhone photography skills, using a few basic elements of fine art and design
- Learn the basics of how to make images “pop” using a few of Brenda’s favorite photography and art apps.
- Brenda will also share how, why and which brands are using iPhone photography, and why you too, can join in this super FUN and powerful way of working and sharing online
- Learn where you can share your images online using social networks
- Although the session is geared to iPhone photography, many of the points will be applicable to any cell phone photographer and everyone is welcome to attend whether you have an iPhone or not
- Brenda will present images she has created that show how she used apps and her iPhone as an artistic tool
- How you too, can tap into the FUN and joy of iPhone photography
So if you are at Social Media Camp 2011 please do come and say HI before or after my session, would LOVE to meet you in person and get connected on Twitter as well, if we are not already 🙂
You can follow these links for more information about Social Media Camp (website) … their FaceBook page and of course, you can follow them on Twitter as well. ( hashtag for Social Media Camp 2011 is #smcv11 )
Hope to see you there!
~ Brenda Johima ~
Now how the heck did I do this? ( * iPhone Photo Art )
Copyright 2011 Brenda Johima | Images May Not Be Used In Any Way Without Written Permission